We usually tend to use creams, especially anti-aging ones, in order to keep our skin healthy and glowing, and, to keep away the wrinkles and signs of aging. However, it might never occur to us that foods also play a role in keeping away wrinkles and aging signs, meaning that some foods may be perfect for the skin and might even replace all the beauty products we have at home.
- Watermelon for instance is loaded with vitamin C, which is required for healthy collagen production and is around 90 percent water, which hydrates the body. Also, its antioxidant properties make it “a free radical scavenger”, which helps prevent signs of aging.
- Along with vitamins and minerals, Pineapple contains bromelain, thought to fight inflammation.
- Greek yogurt is especially beneficial for the skin as the protein content in it is often double that of regular yogurt which means that eating a single serving daily can make your complexion smoother.
- Oranges, grapefruits, lemons, limes and all citrus fruits are good for your skin. Their vitamin C and amino acids play a role in collagen production, which can keep skin looking young.
- The perfect food to protect skin cells is tomatoes. They are very rich in lycopene, which not only promotes collagen production but also fights off fine lines and wrinkles.
- Salmon is great if you want your skin to appear dewy and plump because the omega-3 fatty acids in the fish are a key component of how skin cells regulate oil production.
- Walnuts contain omega-3 essential fatty acids, which can improve skin's elasticity. The nuts are also very rich with copper, a mineral that boosts collagen production.
- Soy contains minerals and proteins that have been shown to reduce hyper pigmentation.
- Cucumbers are mostly water, so they hydrate and replenish the body and skin.
An-Nahar is not responsible for the comments that users post below. We kindly ask you to keep this space a clean and respectful forum for discussion.