BEIRUT: Normal chicken recipes become too boring at times when the tastes keep recurring: chilli chicken, sizzling, or chicken with white sauce. Didn’t we just have enough of the same feeling on our taste buds?
One feels like devouring a delicious well-made whole meal, with a twist of a new taste, especially on weekends and holidays made for enjoying food.
I created this recipe with the urge of wanting to try something new, and at the same time, using ingredients that are found in many homes for appropriate prices.
Go on try this tasty recipe and tell us what you think!
Let’s start with the ingredients!
6 chicken breast pieces
A sprinkle of olive oil
1 big onion or two small onions
Sprinkles of various types of pepper:
20 g butter
Sprinkle of fresh saffron
1 cup Basmati rice or any other type of long grain rice
2 cups water
2 canned mushroom boxes (this could be substituted with fresh mushrooms)
Already prepared white sauce
Same peppers as chicken, with an addition of All Spices whole piece
Shredded parmesan cheese
- In a big bowl, mix sprinkles of chilli, coriander, mixed pepper, white Pepper, salt, ginger powder, garlic powder, and onion powder with the chicken breasts, so that it can marinate.
- Sprinkle some olive oil in a large metal plate and place the marinated chicken breasts on top of them. After that, put them in the oven on medium temperature and leave them until they become slightly crispy. 15 to 20 minutes might be enough to get a beautiful red-black color for each side of the breasts. So, after the first side is done, make sure to turn them to the other side to join the same tasteful color.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, marinate the mushrooms with the same pepper mix, and place above white cream.
- Stir the mushrooms and cream until they have a viscous feel, and then add the shredded parmesan.
- Put the cream mix on top of the chicken in the pan, so the peppery mix and chilli, coriander and everything else gets mixed with the delicious sauce mix.
Voila! The peppery chicken is done!
Now the rice recipe is super. You will need basmati rice or any long grain rice.
- After placing the butter and adding the onions for a couple of minutes, add one cup of rice and two cups of water.
- Add the fresh saffron
- Leave it until the water boils
- Leave on low fire for 10 to 15 minutes after boiling
Present your dish as you please.
Here is how we chose to present it:
PAIR IT WITH A DELICIOUS DRINK
This mouth-watering dish could be best paired with one of these two drinks, we love wholeheartedly:
1- Mexican beer with a twist: Make the usual Mexican beer with a pinch of and two drops of Tabasco sauce and two sprinkles of cumin.
2- White wine or rose wine: A glass or two will taste amazing with this meal.
An-Nahar is not responsible for the comments that users post below. We kindly ask you to keep this space a clean and respectful forum for discussion.