BEIRUT: As the weather gets hotter, more people put on their swimsuits and rush to the beach and flaunt their summer bodies. The only intruders in this scenario are crazy comfort food cravings which, if pleased regularly, can not only ruin a perfect summer body but also lead to severe health problems. However, with these healthy recipes, mouthwatering meals and a healthy body can go hand-in-hand.
When it comes to summer, ice cream is the quintessential treat to survive its hot days. Celebrities’ dietitian Angie Kassabie has a mouthwatering healthy version of the luscious treat. With only 4 ingredients and no machine, the banana ice cream is very easy to whip up.
Banana, peanut butter, almond milk, and mini chocolate chips
1. Cut the bananas into small round slices and freeze them for 30 minutes.
2. Pour the bananas into a blender and add peanut butter and almond milk.
3. Whip the mixture for 2 minutes then add the mini chocolate chips and blend.
4. Pour the mixture into a bowl and freeze them for 2 hours.
5. Drip peanut butter and sprinkle mini chocolate chips on the frozen mixture and enjoy!
Dana Koussa, owner of Deeshomemade page on Instagram, started a healthy lifestyle after learning about the human body throughout her college year.
“I majored in Biomedical Sciences and I realized the significance of the food that eventually makes up the body. Nothing is more important than this temple we live in. Thus, it is essential to follow a healthy lifestyle,” she told Annahar.
Dana’s healthy cheesecake recipe is a must try.
For the crust
Coconut flour, dried coconuts, dates, oats, and walnuts
For the filling
Strawberries, low-fat cream cheese, coconut milk, coconut oil, dates, and shredded coconut.
1. Add coconut flour, dried coconuts, dates, oats and walnuts to the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture comes together.
2. Pour the mixture into a spring form pan, spread it and press flat. Chill crust in freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for the filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth.
4. Beat in the milk a little at a time and add the strawberries, dates, shredded coconut, and coconut oil.
5. Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate until firm (2 to 3 hours).
Celebrity personal trainer Charbel Abou Khattar insists that to achieve maximum results, exercise should be accompanied with good nutrition. His catering brand CAK Kitchen serves and delivers all kinds of healthy foods and sweets. He recommends his orange muffin recipe for a burst of orange flavor. (111 calories per muffin)
AP flour (3 cups), baking powder (1 tbsp), baking soda (2 tbsp), salt (half tbsp), butter (1 cup), sweetener (2 cups), 3 Eggs, vanilla extract (1 tbsp), orange zest (2 tbsp), orange juice (2 tbsp), milk (1 and a half cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sweetener, vanilla extract and salt in a small bowl.
3. In another bowl, combine together milk, egg, butter orange juice, and one tablespoon of orange zest. 4. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened.
5. Pour the batter evenly in muffin cups.
6. Bake for 16-20 minutes and indulge in the sweet taste!
“If I offer my little kids pizza every day, it would be a dream come true for them. I want to make them happy, but I also want to seep them healthy, and, with my healthy pizza recipe, I can achieve both,” said Laurence Daou.
For the crust
1 large head cauliflower, 1 large egg, shredded mozzarella, freshly grated Parmesan, and salt
For the toppings
1. light ketchup, 3 slices of turkey 3, 3 slices of low-fat mozzarella, and green bell pepper slices
1. Pre-heat the oven to 210C.
2. In a food processor, process the cauliflower to crumbs then microwave them for 4 minutes.
3. Pour them into a bowl and add the egg, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and mix well.
4. Pat the mixture in a cooking tray in the oven and spray the top with low-fat cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Top the crust with light ketchup, place the turkey and mozzarella slices on it, and garnish it with green bell pepper slices.
6. Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese melts, and enjoy!
Maya Frem, who’s trying to maintain her ripped abs shared her healthy chicken burger recipe.
Whole-wheat burger buns, chicken breast, garlic cloves, low-fat milk, white pepper, eggs, salt, crushed brown Kaak, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles.
1. In a food processor, process chicken breasts and garlic. Then, add the milk, white pepper, and salt.
2. Mold the mixture into patties.
3. Dip the patties into the eggs then cover them with the crushed kaak.
4. Grill the final patty.
5. Place them in the whole-wheat buns and add the mustard, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. Dive in!
Annahar is pleased to introduce the debut of “Dish,” a new section for all things Food. Section includes recipes, chef interviews, new eating venues, restaurant profiles concepts, eating interviews, and dining options ranging from kitchen to clubs.
For recipes, food and dining tips send to Dish Editor Maria Matar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dish - Reach Out and Taste the World.
An-Nahar is not responsible for the comments that users post below. We kindly ask you to keep this space a clean and respectful forum for discussion.